Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Washer Dryer

Time to be an adult and do my laundry. Since I wasn't for sure how the washer dryer would work, I just washed a small load of socks. Washing the socks only took about 30 minutes. Then 30 minutes to dry. Problem being that when the machine was all done, everything was still wet.

10 minutes later, I finally figured out how to run just the dryer. That was a couple of hours ago. When the dryer stops, the socks still look damp. I say look, because the dryer door will not open. It's locked. And there is no unlock button.

After spending time on google, i discovered how to open the machine door....Solution: you have to wait. The machine will unlock on it's own. Wonderful.

So I waited... and waited some more. When the door finally opened and I could take my nice warm and dry socks out of the dryer, I had a "nice" surprise. All the socks STILL wet. 2.5 hours in the dryer and still wet.

boo

At this point, I think it would be much easier to just buy new socks. But no, I will not be defeated by the scary machine in the hall closet.

So the dryer is back on and I'm determined I will have dry socks before the night is over. Wish me luck, as I will need it :)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...it probably would've dried faster air dry :-)

    ReplyDelete