Saturday, May 1, 2010


Saturday, May 1, 2010.
Today was a full day of sightseeing in London.
I started the day at Westminster Abbey. I decided to use an audio tour guide inside the Abbey. I am really glad that I used it. There is so much history in the Abbey and so much to see, I know I would have missed a lot with out the audio guide. I was sad that pictures are not allowed inside the Abbey; Only in the Cloisters. So I don't have my photos from the Abbey.
After the Abbey, I walked along Parliament Street to Trafalgar Square. There was a protest rally at Trafalgar today. It was an interesting place to people watch.
Next up was the National Gallery. I was able to see works by Monet, Manet, Seurat, Renoir, Degas, Cezanne, and Van Gogh. Sunflowers is one of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen. I loved it! And there were several Monet's on display, so I was in art heaven. The National Gallery is a favorite!
After I left the Gallery, I wasn't for sure where I wanted to go. I decided to walk be down Parliament St again. I stopped at the Horse Guard and watched the changing of the Guard. Then I walked to St James' Park.
St James' Park was so beautiful. The flower gardens were alive with color. There were swans in the lake. It was so peaceful in the park. I explored the park for a long time, ending up at Buckingham Palace. As I was walking to the St James Park Tube station, the sky opened up and it started to rain.
All in all, a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment