Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oxford and Wicked



Oxford UK

This latte was one of the best I've had. Only in Italy, have I had a better latte. The little cafe, where I drank this yummy coffee, was very close to Christ Church. For all you Harry Potter fans, Ante Hall (at Christ Church) becomes Hogwarts Hall via movie magic.

Harry Potter isn't the only famous child connected to Oxford. Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" has real roots in Oxford. And there is a very cute little shop near Christ Church devoted to all things "Alice." A short walk from Alice's Shoppe is Carfax Tower.

Carfax tower is a remnant of a 14th century church. There are about 100 very narrow steps to the top of the tower. The view at the top, is incredible. Well worth the walk up the steps. Then comes the decent back down the same steps....I was very thankful when I was back on solid ground. Narrow, twisty steps don't really agree with me, especially when the steps were built for someone about 5 inches shorter then me.

After a day full of walking, shopping and seeing Oxford, I took the train back to London. And saw Wicked. Wicked is the best musical I've even seen! The US tour will be in The Cities later this year, and I will be buying a ticket to see it again. Wicked is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment